Friday, July 11, 2008

What a Week!

Mike and I have decided to keep doctors and nurses and Pharmacists in business. Friday night (4th of July) I got bit by some sort of bug. No big deal right? Not in our house. By Sunday morning the bite had grown a good 4-5 inches and was bright red and REALLY hot to the touch. I decided that I should probably get it checked out. Glad I did. The heat and the redness indicated infection. Since it was on my elbow and so close to the joint my doctor gave me IV antibiotics. She was worried the infection would get into my joints. So now I am on oral antibiotics. Fortunately they are working and they won't have to amputate :) (ha ha)Well, I guess Mike didn't want me getting all the attention. He called me early Wednesday morning and informed me that he was leaving work. "Why?" I asked....He was heading to the ER. He felt symptoms that his diverticulitis was returning. Let panic attack begin! Fortunately he is aware of the symptoms now and he was able to catch it REALLY early. So he got IV antibiotics also. They were able to send him home. We are very greatful for that. We will be meeting with his doctor on Monday to see what the next step is. He is on some pretty heavy duty antibiotics, but we are hoping with all our heart to avoid surgery.It is quite sad when the pharmacist actually knows me by name. "Hi Suzann! Where are the kids?" Yep.. they all know me and the kids! In fact when I came home from picking up MY antibiotics, I had a message to call the pharmacist. I called her back and she wanted to make sure that I knew that the antibiotic I am on will make the birth control pill null and void. Hmmm... is she trying to tell me something :)

No comments: