Friday, July 25, 2008

She shoots! She scores!

Eberly had an indoor soccer game this evening. If you haven't guessed, she lives, eats and breathes soccer. She is currently playing on a co-ed indoor league. Her team won 8-5 tonight. During the first half, Eberly was the first one to score.... Making the score 1-0. Mike was at work as was not able to watch the game, but I kept him posted. At half-time the score was 5-4 (Our team was up by 1) I called Mike and gave him the update. He asked me who had scored and I couldn't quite remember how we got to 5. All I could remember was that she had scored 1. About 4 minutes later, I gave Mike a call again. So I called up Mike and said "Eberly scored 3!!!!!" He said "Oh... so Eberly did score more than one before half time." I said "NO!.. She scored 2 goals since I last spoke to you."
Eberly scored 2 goals in less than 4 minutes. In this league if you score 3 goals, you are not allowed to score any more for the rest of the game. She was beaming! She was so excited.
The thing I absolutely love is that Eberly has proven that you can become good at anything you want to if you just practice and give it your very best. When Eberly first started soccer a couple of years ago, she could barely dribble straight... But she practiced and practiced and practiced... You rarely will see her at home without a soccer ball close by. She is always dribbling up and down the hallway or teaching her brother and sisters how to play outside. I am so proud of her. She has become that soccer player she is today because she didn't give up.

3 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

How fun! How long does the season go for? We are coming in Oct. If she is still playing when we come,maybe we can come to a game to root her on!

Leigh and Buck said...

Good job Eberly! After I get home from Afghanistan you need to come to Salt Lake and play with me and my friends at the Olympic Oval. We play indoor there every week (when I'm not hunting bad guys). I can't believe how fast you have grown up. Your Daddy should be very nervous. Mikey Good luck.

Love,
Uncle Buck

Shelli said...

Congratulations, Eberly! What an inspiration. Keep it up, and you'll be a pro!