Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Love Dr. Rosie

I don't think we can thank Lauri enough for finding Dr. Rosie. She is wonderful. Our poor little Sara has had quite the ordeal this past week. What started out as little minor tummy aches turned into MAJOR doubled over in tears tummy aches. I had never seen her in so much pain. So we took a trip down to the ER on Saturday night. Yes I know this may sound a little premature, but with all that has occurred in the past year I think you might just understand. Of course now I wish we had never gone. The doctor was at the end of her shift and pretty much just didn't want to deal with us. She took an x-ray of Sara's tummy; determined she was "plugged up"; gave her some Maalox and told me to get her some Miralax. And sent us on our merry way. Of course by this point I am feeling like I over-reacted and she would probably be better by the morning anyways.
Not the case. She continued having severe stomach pain and it was getting worse. So Monday morning I called to get her into Dr. Rosenfeld. The only problem was that she is so popular I couldn't get her in until 3:00. I was nervous about waiting so long since that morning she woke up very weak and couldn't even walk really well. So I decided to make an appointment with "the other" doctor. Another mistake. She thought that it was a bladder infection and dehydration. So after two seconds she wrote us a prescription and sent us on our merry way.
By the afternoon, Sara was still getting worse. She was weak, the pain seemed to be increasing and she was not keeping anything in. So I called Dr. Rosie to see if there was something I could be doing in the mean time to at least help comfort her. Love this woman. While I was on the phone with her, Sara was throwing up. She heard her and said "You need to get her down the the ER right now. She needs an IV." She told me that she was probably getting dehydrated and the IV would probably also help with the pain. She said it is amazing what an IV will do. She also told me to not back down and make sure they give her one.
So, Monday afternoon we got to go back to the ER. And to make a really LONG story short... Once they started the IV, she started to perk up. I had an amazing doctor who was very thorough. He took another x-ray, drew some blood and really showed concern for our little one. Fortunately it all turned out well. It all turned out to be a really bad case of constipation. Once they "relieved" that problem.. she is almost as good as new. Sara was a brave little soldier too. Not a single tear through the whole visit.
So I am greatful for Dr. Rosie and her amazing way of knowing how to take care of my kids.

7 comments:

Shelli said...

Yes, Dr. Rosie is fantastic! I miss her for my kids. Glad you were able to finally get everything taken care of, but we sure missed you and your kids yesterday! Hopefully we'll get to see you all soon.

Vidal's Nest said...

Ok, this is my THIRD time trying to comment! better be the charm!
We miss Dr Rosie! She is the best. So glad you were able to find some relief for sweet Sarah!
Give her a hug for us and tell her we are so glad she is feeling better!

Ginger said...

It breaks my heart Sara has to suffer. Glad she is better.

Leigh and Buck said...

Just so you all know I am mike's friend in Afghanistan and I think that Mike and Suzann are the most awesome people in the world. I miss them very much and I can't wait to play on the beautiful sand beachs with them when I get done with this little war over here.

Leigh and Buck said...

Sorry I am using my wife's login. My name is Buck.

Ginger said...

How wonderful it is to hear from your friends Leigh and Buck. Blogging makes the world a small place. Thanks to both of you for your sacrifice. Stay safe.

kimmie kimmie coconut said...

and I have to thank YOU for telling us about Dr. Rosie! We have been seeing her since Kayla was a baby too! Love her!!!! Thanks Suzann!