Monday, October 27, 2008

Primary Program


The kids had their primary program yesterday. It has been a lot of fun for them preparing for it. Jimmy has been really enjoying it. He was a little confused on Saturday though. They were having a practice for the program at the church. Right before we left Jimmy ran into his room and starting changing into his church clothes. I explained to him that he didn't need to wear his church clothes. He was quite confused by this.
Eberly did a great job. She seems to have a talent for public speaking. She is great at making eye contact with the congregation and is smiling the whole time.
We all are well aware that Katie can be quite shy. This has made for difficult times in the past programs. She did FANTASTIC! She was smiling the whole time. She did great! We were so proud.
Sara surprised us. She got up to the podium and said her part word for word without looking at the paper in front of her. She had it memorized! All weekend she was telling me that she didn't have it memorized. I don't know if she was teasing me or if she didn't even realized that she had memorized it.
Jimmy was one of the highlights of the program. For the past 2 weeks he has been walking around the house singing the songs and practicing his part. "I am Jimmy Proffitt and I am a Child of God." Over and over and over. When it was time for his part... the poor little guy got SO nervous. He started bouncing up and down and flapping his arms like he was ready to fly away. " I am..... I am..... I AM JIMMY!" That was all he could say. Even though he was nervous he continued smiling. The WHOLE congregation couldn't help by laugh.
Mike and I had a great time watching our kids up there. They sang their little hearts out. We did enjoy making faces at them the whole time. They just smiled and smiled. I love primary programs.

4 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

It was our new wards primmary program too. I love watching them! The kids are both so sweet and funny!

Ginger said...

It sounds wonderful. Wish we could have seen it.

Shelli said...

I love the primary program! It just seems like the kids' personalities shine. The funny ones are the best! It's what we're really looking forward to. Glad the kids did so well!

DANI KYNASTON said...

We just had ours as well. It was great. I love the Spirit that little ones bring. I am constantly amazed and humbled by the depth of faith and testimony that these children have. It gives me hope.