Monday, October 13, 2008

I Have Been Tagged


Lauri has tagged me. I have been trying to think of 7 things that you might not know about me. It has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. So here we go.....
1. I LOVE watching the Food Network and HGTV..... I would love to be a chef or a professional decorator. I get so many great recipes from the Food Network. I wish I could say I was a fantastic cook, but I am not. I am definitely a visual learner. I do much better when I have watched someone cook the recipe than if I just read it. But yet, mine never seem to turn out as pretty as the ones on TV. I also love watching the transformations on HGTV. Some day I will have enough money to decorate my house all pretty like they do on TV :)
2. I am a sucker for a good romantic book. I am not talking harlequin romance type books. I like to call them Romantic Tragedies. They are the kind of books that you might need a box of tissues while reading. Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author of these kinds of books. They are simple love stories that tend to have a tragic twist of some sorts. I love romantic stories...
3. I have days when I feel I am totally inadequate to be a mother. I sometimes wonder what Heavenly Father was thinking sending ME these 4 beautiful children. They are such sweet and wonderful kids. I am truly blessed that they are in my life. It makes me feel so guilty when I am having a "bad mommy" day.
4. One of my favorite "guilty" pleasures are Double Chocolate Chip Frappaccinos from Starbucks. There is NO coffee in them (so I don't feel guilty in that way) ... If you are ever having a really bad day, it is amazing how a cup full of cold chocolaty goodness topped with whipped cream can make it all better. :)

5. I LOVE animals. If I had lots of money and lots of land, I would love to have dogs and cats running around everywhere.... I am a sucker for those sweet little faces. All they want is to be loved and I am more than happy to give them the love that they need and want.
6. The very first time I saw Mike was when he returned from his mission. He was giving a homecoming talk in our ward. I was dating someone at the time who I had been with for about 3 years. He converted to the church while we were dating, but was still not very active. My mom was not very keen on me being with him. During Mike's talk my mom whispered to me "Now isn't he the kind of man you would like to marry?" I told her "No. He has too much gel in his hair." :) I guess this story is proof that mom's know what they are talking about. We have now been married for over 10 years and I love him more today than I did when I married him.
7. I love Flip Flops... I hate wearing shoes (unless they are a cute pair of wedges :) ) Last Saturday it was kind of cold and it was supposed to rain. Eberly had a early soccer game so I thought I should go ahead and wear tennis shoes. My friend wondered what was wrong with me. She said.. I can't remember the last time I saw you in anything by flip flops. I volunteered at the Bishop's Storehouse 2 days last week. I wore tennis shoes both days.. By Thursday night I had blisters on the back of my heel. Yes, I even wear flip flops in the rain.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

How fun! I think you are great.

Shelli said...

I think what surprised me most is that you sometimes feel inadequate as a mother! Why do the best moms still feel that way? Isn't Satan mean, the way he targets women like that? Don't let him interfere with the amazing, earth moving job you're doing! I love your kids.

DANI KYNASTON said...

For a minute, I thought Shelli had written Santa! Ooops. Hehehehe. I love to read romantic tragedies, too. It all started with Charly by Jack Weyland. Something about crying about someone else is just the right release. I am glad your mom was right! We love having you in our family.

The Northwest Bunch said...

Glad you were tagged now we know your passions. Your a great mom. Hang in there we can all do this together.

Conforto Clan said...

Hilarious, love it all! We are two of a kind, I wear flip flops in the snow...not by choice but I happen to live in the snow now and flip flops is the shoe of choice so wear them I must.
Love the part about Mike's homecoming talk and the too much gel and your mom. I did not know that though I don't know how I didn't know that. Thanks for making me laugh!