Saturday, September 27, 2008

Little Did I Know

Eberly is getting close to entering the double digits. She will be ten at the end of November. I realize that she is getting to an age where I will probably be oblivious to certain things going on in her life. I am fortunate that she communicates with me pretty well. Just like she did first thing this morning.
Last night she had an indoor game (yes I lost her "scoreboard" during my layout mishap)...It was a tough game. We played an all boy team who have some fantastic players on their team. They also play extremely unfair. I am talking shoving in the back and pulling on our shirts... But that is a whole other story. Well, they lost last night and Eberly didn't score a goal.
Out of the blue she says "I KNOW WHY WE LOST LAST NIGHT! I wasn't wearing my lucky underwear."
Little did I know that my 9 year old daughter has lucky underwear that she wears for her soccer games. I guess it is never too young to be superstitious :)

2 comments:

Ginger said...

The question is, does she wash it?

Vidal's Nest said...

Tony has a blue and white shirt he wears to Zachary's games. Everytime he worn that shirt we won. The only time he didn't..we lost. Eberly and he can commiserate!