Sunday, September 14, 2008

Future Fireman?

Jimmy and I (Mike) were at the grocery store. And the heavens parted and there was a Poway Fire Department Ladder Truck. This is a big long truck that has the telescoping ladder and there is a driver steering in the back. Jimmy felt it was Christmas in September: "OH Dad!!! Awesome! I like firetrucks, and firemen are cool too. Can I see it? The firemen like me I'll show you." Sure enough the fire,men do like him. So Much so that they put him in the driver's seat, to enjoy the full firetruck experience. It was cute, but daddy was ready to honk. Here were fire fighters actively trying to pull Jimmy over to their team. They kept telling Jimmy, "You want to be a fire fighter right? Not a Cop." Daddy knew one of the firefighters and he thought it was hilarious. Of course Jimmy kept agreeing with them. He would have said anything to stay in the cab of the truck. Daddy let him humor them. As soon as they got in the car Daddy reminded him that Cops are so much cooler. He agreed because cops shoot and kill bad transformer robots. As long as daddy keeps the bad tranformer robots at bay I think the firefighters will have a hard time stealing him from the Police man team. Still they did a good job bribing and tempting him with their huge fire truck. He loves all trucks and this made his day.

4 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

What a cute picture of him! And..so nice that they let him sit in it! I bet it made his whole week!

Shelli said...

How cute! I bet he had a blast. Firemen don't get shot at, so I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if he went that route!

Ginger said...

I love the look on his face! I agree with Shelli, I think we want him to be a doctor, a pilot or a banker. Anything that doesn't involve guns and bad guys!

DANI KYNASTON said...

Super cute! What a fun surprise for Jimmy. It is cute how confident little kids are. It takes away all shyness!