Friday, August 29, 2008

"I Look Ugly"

This afternoon Jimmy asked if he could brush his teeth. Hmmm let me think about that one....That little guys brushes his teeth like 4 times a day. I was busy doing housework and I realized that he had been in the bathroom a little too long to just be brushing his teeth. So I went into the bathroom and the first thing I saw was a pile of dark brown hair on the floor of the bathroom. Then there is my little boy standing there looking in the mirror with a look of "uh oh" on his face. Yes, Jimmy cut his own hair. The funny thing is that when I walked in he was actually trying to cover up what he did. He was trying to brush his hair so I wouldn't notice. I was not a happy camper. I wish I would've thought to get the camera, but I was trying to figure out how to fix it. The only thing to do was to shave his head. He was not happy with this consequence. He was supposed to go within the next week to go and get his haircut with Papa. Something that is an ABSOLUTE treat for that little boy.
So I shaved his head. He was quite funny through the process. He thought it tickled. Then he caught a look of himself in the mirror. He actually almost cried! I asked him if he liked it and he said "NO! I look ugly!" I showered him off. He got dressed and went in search of his hat. For the next hour he kept on repeating "I look ugly!"
When it was time to pick up his sisters he told me that he wasn't going to tell Ebi, Katie and Sara that he cut his hair. He didn't want them to see how "ugly" he looked. Poor little guy. I guess that will teach him a lesson. Well, girls, I guess we aren't the only ones that cry about a haircut that we don't like.

4 comments:

Vidal's Nest said...

Poor Little guy! Great consequence though don't ya think?
You gotta post a pic now!

Shelli said...

Can't wait to see the pix! I actually gave Gabe a buzz cut for his first haircut -- it was so horrible, I almost cried! Thank heavens hair grows back so quickly.

Mike, Suzann and Family said...

I forewarned some of my friends last night about how much he hated his hair cut... So all of my friends and Eberly's friends were telling him how cute he looked. He now LOVES his haircut! It is getting him attention from the ladies.

DANI KYNASTON said...

JR cut Ruth's hair about 5 times when she was little! I couldn't keep hair on that girl! It was always such a hideous mess as well. Even kid scissors can cut hair! Well, at least his vanity will keep Jimmy from doing it again, hopefully!