Saturday, October 30, 2010

Trunk or Treat


Our ward held their Trunk or Treat on Tuesday night.. For those that might not know what this is... We park our cars in the parking lot of our church and the kids trick or treat from car to car. I love seeing the creative ways people decorate their cars. It was a great night. It started off with a chili cook off. Mike made his delicious chili and entered it into the contest. We couldn't believe how many crock pots of chili showed up. I don't think I have ever seen so much chili in one place in my life :). Unfortunately Mike didn't win... but we took the empty pot as a sign that his chili was well liked.

The kids had a blast "trunk" or treating. They scored too. Having so much candy in the house is not helping my diet plan. Those darned sweet tarts.

Eberly went as Athena; Ever since watching Percy Jackson she has been very into Greek Mythology. She is now reading the Percy Jackson series and LOVING it.

Katie went as a "retired" angel. Let me explain. She wanted to be an angel for Halloween. But seeing how PICKY she is... finding a white angel costume that she liked, and that wasn't $30, was next to impossible. Then I found these cute blue angel wings with matching skirt. She LOVED it. But since angels wear white.. she said that she is retired.

Sara went as a vampire. Not really sure why she wanted to be a vampire. My mom had found this cape when she was going through her fabric. Sara saw it and HAD to be a vampire.

Jimmy went as a wizard. Again.. Not sure where the idea came from. But it was an easy costume. I found the cute wizard hat in the dollar bin at Target!

Thanks to my Mom for making Eberly and Jimmy's costume. My kids would have gone as ghosts if she hadn't stepped in.

Happy Halloween.

No comments: