Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 3 - Grow A Garden

Today is Day 3 of the 77 Days of Summer GROW A GARDEN... Well, if you saw yesterday's post we went on a 4 mile hike. The kids were completely EXHAUSTED from their hike. They had no desire to do any gardening whatsoever. Can't say that I blame them. On top of that Jimmy also has bronchitis and Eberly was spending then night at a friend's house. So we decided to move onto Day 4...HAVE A READING CONTEST! What a great way to spend the day when you are exhausted. We changed it up a bit though...Instead of doing the number of books we read..we are doing the number of pages. I thought this would make the contest a little more fair since Jimmy's books are only a handful of pages and Eberly's are just slightly longer :) When the kids finish a book they will let me know and we will record it. I will also take this time to discuss the book with them to make sure they really read it :) I will keep you posted how they are doing. I think I am going to join this contest too.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We joined the summer reading contest at our local library and Marianne is killing us all. It's fun to watch my kids read so much!