Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 2 - Treasure Hunt




Today is Day 2 of the 77 days of summer. Today was HAVE A TREASURE HUNT! I decided to change it up a bit. We did a Treasure Hike instead. Mike, Katie and Jim are going to Little Lakes Valley in a few weeks. They really wanted to test out Katie's shoes and backpack and to see if she could handle a hike. So we went on a hike together as a family at Daley Ranch in Escondido. We hiked about 4 miles. We had a fantastic time. And yes...we did find some treasures along the way....pretty flowers, great views, lakes, a tarantula halk, snake trails and yes...coyote poop..and lots of it. We had so much fun. Even little Jimmy who has bronchitis did a great job. This hike had a lot of hills too. I was really proud of them.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love hikes with my kids! Wish I could hike out there with you guys though. It's too hot to do it out here unless we leave before dawn.