Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Lights




Yesterday was my happy day! It was time to put up our Christmas lights. This is our third year at this house. Each year we add a little more. Our neighbors actually look forward to the day when they see us putting up our lights. We have been nicknamed "The Gingerbread House". We have had people ring our doorbell to tell us how much they love our lights. This year we added 2 additional inflatables. I wish the pictures turned out better. It is 100% better when you see them in person. Our whole house is outlined in icicle lights. We have santa in a sleigh on our roof, a carousel, a snow globe like inflatable with penguins and an 8' santa. We then outline our lawn with the big C9 lights. Last year we attempted to put arches over our driveway. They had a hard time staying up. We had a good rain and it weighed down the garland so much that they fell down. We are going to try redesigning them and reattempt them again next year. I took the PVC pipe that we used for the arches and made candy canes out of them. We have lined on each side of the driveway. We also have little mini lighted trees going up our walkway. Yes, our SDG&E bill is a little more expensive, but it is SO worth it. The kids look forward to this every year almost as much as Mike and I do. We started putting up the lights around 10am yesterday and didn't finish until after 5pm. That was with some additional help too. Garrett (one of my boys) came and helped. I LOVE Christmas!

4 comments:

Jim Proffitt said...

SPECTACULAR!! I bet that the kids are excited to have their home be the best in the whole neighborhood.

Vidal's Nest said...

I love all the lights! We drive around and rate houses. I usually am in the good category. Not great But...I will continue and maybe this year? Who knows!

Ginger said...

It looks amazing! How fun for everyone, you have to be in the Christmas spirit with a house like that. Good Job!

DANI KYNASTON said...

How fun! You guys sure did a great job. I am too lazy to do that much. A wreath on my door is about as much as I can handle. :-)