Sunday, December 7, 2008

Best Sunday Ever

What a fantastic Sunday! It all started this morning. The kids were straightening up their rooms. All of a sudden they came out and asked "Mom, why is there a christmas tree in front of our house?" I had no clue what they were talking about. I went outside and there leaning on our front porch was a beautiful 8 foot noble fir christmas tree. It was still all bundled up. I ran inside and woke Mike up. I made him come outside and take a look. We were floored. We had no idea who had done this. We asked a couple of our neighboors if they had seen anyone. They had not. We still have no idea who gave us this wonderful gift. Buying a Christmas tree this year was really cutting into our Christmas "budget". I wish I could find out who started our day so wonderfully and gave us a priceless gift. I would love to be able to thank whoever did this. We then went to church. All of us were already on cloud 9. Church was wonderful today. Mike got up in Sacrament Meeting and bore his testimony. I won't go into detail about what he said, but I will say that he touched many people. The spirit was so very strong. I honestly didn't think the day could get any better. We came home and put up the tree. We made some delicious chili (thanks for the recipe dad)! Then we decorated the Christmas tree. We had SO much fun. We turned on some Christmas music and had a blast. By the end they kids were dancing around the living room to some great Christmas tunes. Eberly said "We need to do this every night!" I agree!
What a great day! It started out with someone being so extremely generous. I wish they could understand how much they have blessed us. Today was ALL about family. I agree with Eberly. I wish every day could be like today!

4 comments:

The Northwest Bunch said...

Faith, Hope, and Charity. That is all we need. Random acts of kindness makes this world look not so bad after all.

Shelli said...

Doesn't it feel good to be loved? What a great day you all had, and I'm so glad you shared it with all o us!

Vidal's Nest said...

That was so wonderful! I have found that people doing things like this has always been what has gotten me through the hard times. I always wish they could know how much it meant to me!
I'm glad you all had such a nice surprise and a fun day!

Ginger said...

How wonderful! Someone sure knows how to make a family of little ones happy! I can just imagine how excited the kids were.