Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Love a Man in Uniform

Mike made his debut on Cops last Saturday night. We had a blast watching him. Mike was working that night, but he was still hoping to be able to watch it at his department. That didn't happen. He got a call during the second tidbit that they showed. So, he missed the whole thing. Eberly, Katie, Jimmy and I watched it together. (Sara was spending the night at my mom's house) The kids were SO excited to see him on TV. You could see the look of pride on their faces. Mike called me about half way through the episode to see what they were showing. I finally had to tell him to "shut up" and hung up on him. He was interrupting!
The kids all clapped when it was all done. Sara called me and screamed "COOL! DAD IS FAMOUS!" You would have thought he won an emmy. The kids were on cloud 9. They said to me "We can't go to sleep now, MOM! We are too excited."
I love how proud they are of him. I am proud of the work he does. Next Friday Mike is getting a special Sheriff's Certificate of Lifesaving. He helped to save a man's life and Sheriff Kolender will be presenting him with an award at a special ceremony.
If you weren't able to watch the episode, you can watch it on the website:
http://www.cops.com
They will have it on the website for about another week. They have said that he might be on again. I will keep you all posted. Love my man in uniform!

4 comments:

Shelli said...

Wow! That is too cool! Congratulations, Mike -- we're very proud of you, too.

The Northwest Bunch said...

You goof ball Mike... Very cool, but also funny. I have to say tho- nice technical hot stop. Also, I got a bunch of calls from co-workers asking if that was my brother.
Be safe,
Jim

Brent Kynaston said...

Amazing Mike! You're our hero! Come help us in DC!

DANI KYNASTON said...

We just watched it online last night! Super fun. What a nut job with the gun!