Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do you like cats? This just might change your mind

I know that there are many of you out there that don't like cats. My kitty might just change your mind. We have a grey striped tabby named Sparky. He is about 3 years old. He is the sweetest thing ever. His favorite person in the whole house is Eberly. He adores her. He comes out whenever she comes home. He is almost always either in her lap or in her bed. He rubs and snuggles her. Here is the kicker....
Whenever the kids are sick... His "kitty intuition"kicks in. He will snuggle and sleep with whoever is ailing. It is the cutest thing. We don't know how he knows.. but he does. The kids love it! They say that Sparky is taking care of them. Jimmy is fighting a cold/fever right now. The last two nights as soon as I tucked Jimmy in for bed, Sparky curled up right next to him. There is something to be said for fuzz therapy (to quote Calvin and Hobbes) :)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You do make me want a cat! It would just be my luck though that I would end up with the biting, hissing, demon-with-the-kids cat.

Vidal's Nest said...

I like cats much better than dogs. Our cat Remi is so sweet too with the lil ones!
Love how sweet sparky is with Jimmy

kristifritzel said...

Still don't like them. Because yours is probably the only exception to the psycho cat rule.


BTW you have one fat cat! The kids don't sneak him treats or anything do they? ;)

Tricia said...

that's precious. Animals really know when we need them, don't they?

Juli said...

I LOVE CATS! Ours is awesome. Not as sweet as yours, Precious is shy and stays in my room. The dogs scare her so she stays away from the kids (where the dogs always are). I hope Jimmy feels better soon. Love you!