Thursday, January 22, 2009

Please tell me you have done this?

I was having a very productive day yesterday. It had been a busy weekend and I had a lot of housework to catch up on. It was about 1:30 or so and I was feeling pretty good. I got most of the housework done, plus some extra things... Our landlord was coming in the afternoon and I wanted to make sure things were extra tidy. Around 1:50 or so my landlord shows up and we are outside talking. I heard the house phone ring, but I ignored it. Most of the time it isn't anyone I want to talk to anyways. Everyone seems to call me on my cell phone. I got done talking with my landlord and decided to check to see who had called. It said that Michael had called. When he calls on the home phone it usually means he couldn't get a hold of me on my cell. So I went and got my cell phone to call him back. I noticed I had 4 missed calls. Of course I was thinking in my head...."yeesh Mike get a grip! I was just outside!" (He tends to panic when I don't answer the phone.) I also noticed that I have 2 voicemails and a call from an 858 number. I sort of recognized the 858 number as possibly being the kids' school. Oh no! I thought maybe one of the kids was sick and I missed the call. That would explain all the phone calls from Mike. I was half right. It was the school. AND Mike did have a legitimate reason to call me so many times. OOOPS! I forgot to pick up the kids! Normally the kids get out of school at 3:20. On Wednesdays they get out at 1:40! Fortunately I have a fantastic friend who turned around and waited with the kids. I didn't even leave the house until after 2. Fortunately I have very forgiving children. They will be teasing me about it for the next month, but at least they aren't bitter :) Have you ever done this?

6 comments:

Shelli said...

Um, YEAH I've done that! Our early day is Friday. I've gotten that phone call a few times -- "Mom, you're supposed to pick us up early on Fridays!" Our school makes you walk into the office and sign their "Bad Mommies List" before they release the children to you. See ya next time, ladies!

Vidal's Nest said...

Oh Yeah! Luckliy we had moved to where they could walk home and then I'd just be surprised they were home instead of that phone call!

The Northwest Bunch said...

Not only once but twice. We had half days every Wednesday. You would think I could remember that,No. It's all good. Kids are forgiving.

DANI KYNASTON said...

Brent and I were just talking about that. I actually left Emma in the car when she was a baby. Just for 15 minutes but I still cried. I felt like the worst mom. It really freaked me out.

kristifritzel said...

Done that, Our early day is Monday, and it means kindergarten in only 1.5hrs. I had worked the night before and forgot to set the alarm. The teacher new I was probably asleep and kept Kenna for an extra hour! Just so I could get more than an hour of sleep. I loved that woman....

Ginger said...

We've all been there and done that. It actually could have been worse. It's the school's fault for not keeping them there longer. Hardly worth the trouble for just a few hours.